You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Amorphophallus-Forum.de. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grangepet

Beginner

• "grangepet" started this thread

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 4:47pm

Amorphophallus Konjac Shattered Glass No Chrypholl

Hi

Managed to obtain a Shattered Glass which has now started growing after the awful weather we have had in the UK picture attached, it has a tiny, tiny bit of green on one of the leaves. From your experiences do you think this will survive.

Martin
grangepet has attached the following image:
  • Shattered Glass July 2017.JPG

Mr. Titanum

Administrator

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 5:36pm

Hi Martin,

I never had Shattered Glass, so I am not the expert, but with out any chlorophyll the plant will die.

I remember that once someone reported about chorophyll free titanum seedling - no photosythesis, no growth.
just found the thread - http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=701
attempts with leaf fertilization failed (of course, because the plant could not photosythesize and mineral fertilization does not help.....) - in this thred the final report that the plant died: post #31 here:
http://www.exoten-forum.de/vb/showthread…-Albino-Pflanze

When your plant has some green on one leaf it might survive; hopefully you get offsets with more green sectors....

Keep us updated!

(Un-)Happy growing, Bernhard.

grangepet

Beginner

• "grangepet" started this thread

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 5:58pm

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the links, made interesting reading. Hopefully I may get some offsets and will keep you posted.

Thanks

Martin

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Translate:

German  English  Danish  Spanish  Persian (Farsi)  French  Croatian  Italian  Japanese  Dutch  Polish  Russian  Swedish  Turkish 
Sie sind nicht angemeldet. | Anmelden | Registrieren | Passwort vergessen ?