You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Amorphophallus-Forum.de. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 7:51am

amorphophallus paeoniifolius reifen Größe?

Hallo, Ich wohne in Amerika. Ich spreche Englisch, aber ich lerne Deutsch.

Ich kaufe ein amorphophallus paeoniifolius heute aus eBay. Es ist 2.5cm. Wie groß muss es bekommen, bevor sie blüht?

Viel Dank! :-D

***If you understand English... How big must the bulb be before the plant will produce a flower? The bulb is 1 inch, or 2.5 centimeters. Thank you!***

Shreck

Administrator

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 3:21pm

Hello,

it´s hard to say, when A.paeoniifolius can bloom.

Maybe with a weight of 2 kilogramms. Then the tuber should be a size of 20 cm in diameter.

Regards

Stephan

Friday, March 30th 2012, 12:25am

Thank you! :D

How long will it take for a 2.5cm tuber to get to 20cm?

Shreck

Administrator

Friday, March 30th 2012, 11:26am

Thats very hard to say. I don´t know the climatic conditions.
But you can be sure, that it needs more than 3 Years.
It also can be 10 Years.

Mr. Titanum

Administrator

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 7:32pm

Hi Amorphophallus,

I bought a seed in 2004 at ebay from a British seller ( tropical-world ) and the tuber is now 14 cm across, 9 cm high and weighs a little bit more than 1 kg.
It was of course grown under suboptimal conditions here in northern Germany; it is thriving in late spring/early summer and enters dormancy already in November/December.

But I am quite satisfied with it's growth. As you can see in the picture it starts to grow two offsets.
I do not think that it will flower this season.

Happy growing, Bernhard.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests